Is your dog happy to be around people? Is this exhibited through expressive body language such as a wiggling body, wagging tail or “smiling face”?
If you answered yes to the questions above, your dog has passed the first test. Those two questions are essential and must receive an enthusiastic YES!!!
Every therapy dog must be even-tempered, good-natured, and able to accept handling by friends and strangers alike.
• Complete an application and be approved by the evaluator(s).
• Therapy Dog Prep School or have equivalent experiences approved by the evaluator(s).
• Dog and Handler must successfully pass the AKC Canine Good Citizen Test.
• Be interested in and available to volunteer at least once a month.
• Minimum age of handler is 18 years old.
• Submit Application to Paws Of Love
• Meet with trainer for Evaluation of your dog.
• Pass a physical examination and present shot record upon entry into the program and annually thereafter.
• Be free from parasites (internally and externally).
• Not have any open sores.
• Be bathed within a minimum of 3 days prior to a visit or at the discretion of the Team Leader.
• Be brushed the day of a visit.
• Successfully pass the POL annual Team Evaluation.
Paws Of Love
387 Magnolia Ave
Corona, CA 92879
Use the link below to purchase items from Amazon Smile, Amazon donates a percentage of your purchase to us and it doesn't cost you a penny! Just designate Paws Of Love as your charity.